Tuesday, June 23, 2015

theCURVYcon Recap


I walked into theCURVYcon expecting to experience a perspective shift and I left having my mind blown. People who know me know that I tear up expectantly when my heart has been touched. This time was no different. The room was filled with curvaceous cuties from around the country. Everyone was dressed to the nines and walked around in a safe environment where judgement, comparison, and criticism were banned. We shopped, we fellowshipped, we networked , and we healed in preparation to take the world by absolute storm. I learned some ways to make my blog better and impact my clients’ sites by providing more content geared toward self-love, plus size empowerment, and expressing the message that women are not the number they see on the scale whether it’s 127 or 327!


For a brief recap of the event, we were greeted by fabulously dressed volunteers. When I entered the room after checking in and picking up my teal bag, I knew I was meant to be in the building! I could shop trendy clothes that I knew I could fit! No moo-moos here. Just beautiful, bright colors in styles that were on trend. Attendees had obviously styled amazing looks for themselves freely expressing their sexiness, sassiness, and confidence. There were plus size models sashaying through the crowds. The organizers Chastity Garner (Garner Style) and CeCe Olisa (Plus Size Princess) were gracious and gorgeous! The panel discussions were informative and engaging. From topics ranging from fitness to sex to fashion, there were great opportunities to learn and reinforce the fact that you are not alone.  
Closing out this amazing event was AmberRiley star of Glee and Winner of Dancing with the Stars. She spoke of how she is just settling into her confidence as a plus size woman who loves pizza and fries but is extremely active. She has a life coach to assist in her remaining both spiritually and physically healthy! Note taken.

Next steps after an experience like this?? Take what I learned and apply them to all aspects of my life. In the midst of “finding my north star,” I have some clear examples of how to propel my writing and fashion pursuits.  I will also endeavor to get you out of your comfort zone and relentlessly pursue your passions! I want you to feel this enlightened and fulfilling pleasure of living life and not just going through the motions. I am in the process of designing a new blog just for tweens and teens who are curvy and need encouragement as well as empowerment. Spread the word about Plus Size Petals Place. I'm so excited to share my story and help other young girls who are perfectly beautiful plus size young ladies fulfill their destinies by overcoming all challenges--personal and societal! These Petals will have a safe place with no judgement just love and support.  Stay tuned!


I decided on a black  Mossimo jumpsuit with neon accents (neon pink necklace and the Steve Madden sandal below) and gold Guess hoops.



Check out the links for theCURVYcon participants below!

No comments:

Post a Comment