Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Shh…I’m reading Deepak Chopra

I thought it would be a good idea to pause my reading of Connect during my trip to the beach. I wanted something a little less business related and something more introspective. So, I decided to finally read The Essential Ageless Body,Timeless Mind: The Essence of the Quantum Alternative to Growing Old by Deepak Chopra.  I did not know exactly what I was getting myself into, but dived in and read as fast as I could while my son was in the pool.  Between “look mom” and “did you see that mom” I read half of the book.  Immediately, my view of myself in relation to everything around me changed.  Coupling everything I was absorbing from the book with my knowledge (and belief) of the Bible, I tapped into a fountain of endless possibilities. By endless possibilities I mean that I felt a shift from the finite to the infinite.  I mentally eradicated lines of definition and demarcation.  I will not be old.  I will not let society define me. Just because it is allergy season, does not mean that I have to sneeze! Such a simple concept to grasp, but we miss it every day.



As I write this, I am taking deep breaths listening to each one.  I am endeavoring to work on my coping skills in dealing with stress. While I was away, I woke up early to watch the sunrise (pictured above), something I had not taken the time to experience before in my life. I and the sun were one. I felt energized.  I felt like I was part of something greater than just my own little personal existence. I already knew I had a purpose, and currently,  I am smack dab in the middle of figuring it all out, but my purpose is much greater than I could have ever imagined. The journey has just begun, and there is no end in sight because my spirit is eternal. My impact will be felt throughout eternity.  The effects of me fulfilling my purpose will be as widespread as the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment