Friday, August 29, 2014

Eyesight

This month has been a whirlwind! So much has and hasn't happened. But, I just read a tribute to a wonderful woman of God who had to battle an illness which eventually transitioned her from this life to the next. I usually shy away from reading such things in the morning or at all, but because I'm feeling rather vulnerable today, I bit. I read about her life and how she met her husband. I read about her commitment to serving God and man. I read about her family, but it was the words of her husband that touched my heart and brought on the tears. He praised her for braving the illness with a renewed faith in God. The fact that she was ill did not change her spirit to serve. She impacted the lives of anyone she came into contact with while she should have been the one receiving the encouragement. Whenever I read how a husband praises his wife, I immediately recall Proverbs 31:28 .  Then that sinking feeling comes upon me. I wonder if I'm living an impactful life. Then my heart longs for the day that my "husband' will speak praise filled words of me for living a life well done. I don't even have a husband yet. Woe is me.  "Stop!" I tell myself, "you are looking at life with your own eyes." I must learn from the tribute about this wonderful woman of God. I must look at people and life with Jesus' eyes. So I challenge you to check your eyesight today. Are you using your eyes to judge people and situations, or are you using Jesus' gracious and loving eyes to perceive the world? I'm dedicating myself to doing the latter.
Support breast cancer research and finding a cure here and here!

No comments:

Post a Comment