Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What's For Lunch? Sal's Ristorante Italiano



Well, travel season is in full swing at least for me. People are sneaking off early to take in a quick weekend mini-trip or is that just me?? Either way, when you take a mini-trip, it is extremely important choose between letting the wind carry you along and having everything "masterplanned" out. Most of the time, I have most of my trip planned out in order to get as much done in a short period of time as possible. Other times I'll plan half of the trip and leave some time for exploration.  This weekend was a football travel week and we were road warriors Saturday and Sunday. Ahhh, but Sunday, we found a true treasure tucked in Williamsburg, Virginia.  My son wanted pizza. I asked him if he wanted some "chain" pizza or some authentic Italian style pizza? He decided he wanted something authentic, so I typed in "pizza restaurant" into Google Maps. I scrolled through the long list, yet settled on the first (closest) spot.

Sal's Ristorante Italiano
835 Capital Landing Road
Williamsburg, Virginia 23185-4324

Easy to find and in a great touristy neighborhood, we pulled into Sal's Ristorante Italiano. Fresh fried mozzarella and pizza (pepperoni and sausage) were our choices! And boy, were we happy. The food was delicious. The menu was full of my favorites, so I'll have to go back and sample some other great dishes like Chicken Marsala and Mussels Marinara. The atmosphere was quaint and pleasant. Our server was efficient and kind. No complaints...just praise for a lovely restaurant. The owner was full of personality and we enjoyed the conversation! We felt like part of the family! Anyway, when you're in Williamsburg, Sal's is a must! Oh, and check out the website for a coupon! I wish I had known, but I will be back soon! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment