Monday, December 8, 2014

Winter Wardrobe Reboot: Grey

Mondays are my fashion fun days. We're transitioning from "Fall Fashion Watch" to "Winter Wardrobe Reboot." I don't know about you, but I find myself wearing the same things over and over again in the winter because it's colder and I just want to wear something warm. If I could, I would wear a big sweater, leggings, and boots all winter! Fortunately, I have to get out of that comfortable rut due to my career and the fact that I don't want to be frumpy in all the selfies and holiday event pics I'll be gracing. 

One of my favorite go-to colors for the winter is grey. Grey does not have to be drab. You can spice it up with a P.O.C. like a bright flower pin, hat, or opaque tights. Remember, how I topped off a blue-creme-black ensemble with a grey robe coat and cape in October?

Let's look at another grey coat. This high collar wool jacket is chic and versatile. It can be dressed up or worn to work. It can also be worn with jeans and boots.

Custom made high collar wool jacket found on  Pinterest and Esty but you can also find it at Jolly Chic.
This whole look is flawless. If your thighs are slim enough for this thigh-high book, go for it! If you're a curvy girl, get some grey suede knee boots and slide on some textured grey opaque stocking for the same effect. Layering different shades of grey (he he), will make for an effortless look. Need some color? Add a bright scarf!


Outfit details are available on Atlantic-Pacific
This tunic is cute and can be worn to work over a pencil skirt. It can be worn alone with a cute pump. It can be worn with patterned leggings. It can be worn with jeans. It can be worn with short shorts. It can be worn with boots and socks.  It can be worn with....

Get it on Amazon for ~$30.

As you know from my Monthly Ponderable Thought I'm ready for Spring (Summer really). I really like the trends coming this spring. Tight is out! Sleek is in! There is a big difference.  The look on the right is PERFECT. I'm going to use this color palette now. A pale blouse, grey wide leg trousers, and black lab coat. For now, I'll wear a long black sweater and a pale turtleneck.
Preview for Spring 2015 - Take a look at more on Vogue UK 

Give grey a try if you don't already.  Find the right hue for you (i.e. lighter eyes, lighter grey). Pair it with color or other shades of grey. Purchase a few grey pieces that you can wear a million ways.

Stay stylish!
Check out some more fashion finds on my Pinterest page.

No comments:

Post a Comment