Thursday, September 18, 2014

Bun + Burger + Cheese = Perfection!

As I struggle to lose 5 pounds to reach my next weight loss goal, I am confronted with another "national whatever day."  This one is truly one I can sink my teeth into! I didn't even know it existed, but now that I do, I have to make a choice. Today is National Cheeseburger Day! Should I go to my favorite burger spots or grill up my own creation?

Art By Brock Davis -- You can buy it here.


If I go out to celebrate this most wonderfully designed day, I have several options that all suit my fancy.

Burger Works! Ahhh, just thinking about their burgers makes me smile. There is something about the turkey burger sitting on that perfectly soft egg bun that makes me want to dance. I always get the white cheddar, sauteed mushrooms, lettuce, tomato, and jalapenos. Their pesto mayo is something of an experience that makes me want to leave now and grab a burger. 

I've never had this beast of a burger, but Burger Works is more than happy to oblige anyone who wants a hearty meal!


Good ole Five Guys always delivers some yummy goodness! (mouth's watering) I never ruin my appetite by munching on peanuts. I want to be able to eat my whole double and fries without hindrance!  Topped with mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, ketchup, onions, and jalapeno peppers, my burger is a masterpiece.  What's more is that I could walk to Five Guys right now because of all of their convenient locations. Shall I?

I wonder what a Five Guys' burger would taste like with everything checked??


My own creation would be mighty tasty as well. For the ease of it, I usually get Jenni-O frozen unseasoned turkey patties.  I sprinkle a little seasoned salt along with black and red pepper on one side.  They grill up quickly so I use the one turn rule. I cook on one side for about 15 minutes, flip, and cook for about 5-8 more minutes. Cook times will vary by grill type and fire level.  I love sesame seed topped butter buns. Cheddar is my cheese of choice, but muenster cheese has made its way on my burgers at times to change it up.  I keep it simple at home by just adding some freshly sliced tomatoes, ketchup and mayo. At times, I add a handful of bagged romaine salad. 

  One of my favorite sights: my grill ablaze!! Photo credit: Amanda Gia

Me when it's time to cookout...

Whatever I decide, a cheeseburger will be on the menu tonight!! Enjoy!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment