Friday, September 19, 2014

Today's Soundtrack: Santana ft. Miguel "Indy"


This song takes me places that I really need to go. Miguel was quoted as wanting people to "feel" his music. This collaboration between Santana and him truly conjures up feelings of love, lust, and desire.  If you're sad, this song gives you hope that someone is praying for you. If you are happy, the ethereal airiness of the music seems to take you higher.  Miguel is a wonderful artist who I can't wait to hear more from in the coming months. He doesn't have any tour dates posted at this time, but I will be sure to keep checking. I really want to experience him live. And, what can I say about how Santana makes his guitar speak? This song is like a duet with Miguel and Santana's guitar balancing each other effortlessly.  After Santana's solo, just listen how he plays off of Miguel's vocals. Ahhh...enjoy this short song of ecstasy that will make you hit repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment