Thursday, October 2, 2014

National Name Your Car Day!

Did you know that October 2nd is National Name Your Car Day?  Have you even named your car?
The first named car that mattered to me. Herbie was great, but KITT on NIGHTRIDER was AWESOME!
My first car’s name was “Jep” because my license plate only had enough space for my name and “Jep” which should have been pronounced Jeep as in Jeep Cherokee, but my friend’s decided that “Jep” was much more exciting or embarrassing. 

My second car, a Ford Explorer, wasn’t named.  Part of the reason was because I really wanted a Nissan Pathfinder, but the Ford Explorer was what my parents bought and I wasn’t going to complain. I just didn’t feel the connection with that Explorer even though it gave me many good years and took me to many good times especially Miami, Florida! 

Then my next car, my absolute favorite thus far in my car history had a few names. She was always my “Baby.” My Mercedes-Benz C320 Coupe was my baby. Ahhh, I just sold her today. She’ll be missed. Oh, my son named her “Thomas” after Thomas the Tank Engine. I liked the fact that my son wanted to name our car a name that meant so much to him. “Thomas” started giving me problems so I had to put her..er him out of commission for a while until I just sold her today.

Anyway, my current car, Honda Element, doesn’t have a name.  She could be “Ole Faithful” because she’s been hanging in there, taking us everywhere from our daily routine to the beach and on to the mountains. One person called it the SpongeBob car. I didn’t like that moniker!  Don’t tell her, but I’ve got my eye on my next whip. I have a name picked out and everything….Galaxy. Her picture is below.  She’ll be mine one day—definitely before the next National Name Your Car Day.


Bottom line...Name your car. It helps you connect. Me and Jep and Baby/Thomas had some good times. My nameless cars don’t quite have the same impact on my memory!


Galaxy here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment