Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Open Letter to God


Dear God,

I've prayed and waited. I've begged and anticipated. I've lost hope and regained strength by focusing on You. I'd just like to thank You for answering my prayers. I want the world to know that I give you ALL the credit for opening doors for me. I think I'm dreaming, Lord, but when I pinch my self, I feel it! Once everything is in place, I'll be able to share my whole story with the world, but for now, I just want to thank You publicly. I hope my letter will encourage someone who is seemingly at the end of his or her rope. I hope the fact that I made it through some very dark times to arrive at this point in my life where what I've said is actually happening will prompt someone to hold on because dawn is coming! Tearful pleas in my darkest hour reached Your gracious and merciful ears and I thank You.  So now my faith is strengthened. Anything that goes against what I've prayed for and believe lines up with Your word I will call it out as a lie. Before, I would accept the lie and feel defeated. But now, I know it is a lie because I'm walking into what I've asked You for. No more detours. No more helpless moments. I will stay strong for myself and others knowing that You will come through in a way that will blow our minds!

With the greatest of gratitude,
Me

P.S. Lord, Thanksgiving is everyday for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment